Welcome to Willunga
Discover Willunga. Willunga is a vibrant, historic, heritage rich town offering an exceptional quality of life, a clean environment and easy access to the city via the southern expressway, the Fleurieu Peninsula and some of the most beautiful beaches in South Australia. Six fibres intricately weave the fabric of the town. Attractions in Willunga and its environs include:
- Food and wine – such as Our Place, Sara’s, Terre Cafe, The Alma Hotel, The Old Bush Inn, Minko Wines, Hither and Yon, Fox Creek and other wineries and the 3 Monkeys, the Golden Fleece Cafe and local cafes add to the many culinary choices on offer.
- Markets including the exciting Willunga Farmers Market – South Australia’s first Farmers Market and complementary markets – Willunga Quarry Market, The Artisans Market and the Wellbeing Market
- Festivals and Events such as the annual Almond Blossom Festival, Fleurieu Folk Festival and the internationally renowned Tour Down Under including Willunga Hill “King of the Mountain”
- Heritage interests with old buildings – Old Courthouse and police station, historic walks, historic relics, historic churches, Slate Quarry, Waverley Park
- An active sport and recreation community supported by excellent facilities for young and old at the Willunga Recreation Park. Port Willunga beach, one of Australia’s best kept secrets, is only 8km down the road
- Supported by an active Arts community – drama, theatre, artists, music, plays, dance
- Willunga schools include the Willunga Waldorf School, Willunga Primary School and Willunga High School
If it’s an adrenalin rush you’re after, treat yourself to a scenic joy ride on a bi-plane from Adelaide Bi-planes.
These are some of the many contributors to Willunga’s quality of life. Only 45 mins from the centre of Adelaide and the gateway to the picturesque Fleurieu Peninsula. One of the latest benefits of living in Willunga is here, we were chosen as a pilot site for the roll out of the National Broadband Network and Willunga now has fast, reliable fibre connecting Willunga to the world.
Willunga Business & Tourism Association Social Posts